It is possible to get your visa at the border going into Tanzania or at the Kilimanjaro or Dar es Salaam airports when you arrive. Allow extra time for this process. You will need US$100 cash if you are a U.S. citizen or US$50 cash for all other nationals.
Alternatively, you can get your visa ahead of time. U.S. Citizens get the visa application from the U.S. Tanzania Embassy website or call them in Washington D.C. at 202-939-6125, and ask for a visa application. Other nationalities check Tanzanian Embassies around the world for the nearest embassy.
Each traveler will need to send
- Completed visa application
- Valid passport (at least 6 months before expiration)
- Two passport-size photos
- $50 ($100 for U.S. passports)
- Prepaid return envelope addressed to yourself (multiple applications can be sent together)
- Proof of travel plans (our Reservation Confirmation is sufficient)
Payment can be made by money order, credit card ($2 processing fee), personal check (include a copy of your driver’s license and add a $2 processing fee). Allow 30 days for processing. You might want to consider sending it certified mail or Federal Express both directions to ensure the safety of your passport.
You must have a valid Passport with no less than six months from expiry left on the passport, from the date of entry to Tanzania.